In this tutorial we will show you how to make paper spinners!
Spinners are really easy to make and lots of fun to play with. You can try making them with different kinds of paper to see which one spins the longest.
You can even have a spinner battle with other kids, check out the battle rules below.
How to make paper spinners
You will need:
- A4 paper or copy paper
- Pens or felts to colour them in
2. Cut the sheet in two along the fold using scissors.
3. Fold the two cut pieces of paper in half. You should now have two pieces of folded paper.
4. Create triangle folds as shown above. Repeat on both pieces of paper.
5. Fold the other corner down to create a second triangle. Repeat on both pieces of paper.
6. Lay one piece of paper on top of the other as shown above.
7. Fold in the triangles to the centre in order from 1 to 4.
8. Tuck in the last triangle 4, under number 1. Tighten the spinner by folding it into a triangle, squishing it then repeat on the other side.
9. Different patterns create different illusions. Colour your spinner and create your own illusion.
Want more help? Check out the video!
Rules for Spinner Battles
Here are some simple rules for spinner battles.
You can play for points, or you can play for “keepsies’ where the winner keeps the losing players spinner!
The best thing about spinners, is that you can always make more 🙂
- Each player spins their spinner at the same time.
- The goal is to spin three times and the person who gets the most wins, scores a point.
- If you are playing “keepsies” the winner keeps their opponents spinner!